… it was called.

The what now? I know, I’ve gone off the radar these past weeks…  not that anyone noticed, yeah? But, I’ll still be backtracking anyway. So, expect that the succeeding posts will mostly be about the happenings on the final weeks of 2014 and first few days of 2015.

Anyway, about Stellar… I’ve probably mentioned in passing in previous posts that I recently joined a new company and lucky me, I witnessed how seriously employees there celebrate major events. And such was the Christmas Party that was held on 12.14.2014. The production numbers were amazing…! The venue, the SMX Convention Center at SM, which recently opened.

Now, without further ado here are snapshots from the event, mostly starring me and friends old and new…




Sofi, Rain, Amy, moi, and Jane…




With old friends, Baldo and Kent… who performed at the event…




Of course, me, myself, and I…


I’m wearing: Papaya dress, customized blazer made from The Mister’s old uniform back in college, black croc leather sling bag, heels from Feet for a Queen.



Thanks for dropping by… I hope you had a merry Christmas and wishing you and your loved ones a great New Year!

Expect postings of my Christmas and New Year celebrations and whatnots in the coming days…!


D’ Luster

Well, this is it! This is the DIY cutout bodycon jersey dress I wrote about last August, which I made by hand. It took me a while to finish this, but I’m quite happy with the result. These photos were taken last week.

Crazy, I still manage to post this when everyone else is worrying about the super-typhoon that’s about to hit the city in, oh, about a few hours… Geesh!

Anyhoo, it’s not that I’m worried. It’s just that I believe I’ve done everything I can in making sure that myself, the kids, and Ella are going to be all right and not starving when the typhoon hits. Gaaah! A magnitude 7.2 earthquake, a tornado, and a super-typhoon in just one month. What’s the world coming to?!

DIY: Cutout Bodycon Jersey Dress

As mentioned here, I’ve been working on a dress for a while now.  It took me a while to finish it mainly because I had to hand-stitch the entire thing, lining and all. So, the task got boring and I had to stop working every once in a while to regain my enthusiasm on the project. But I’ve been looking forward to finishing it every darn day since I started it a month ago!


Anyway, for this project, I initially decided to use three different stretch fabrics. But I ended up using strips of ribbon in place of the third as I couldn’t find the perfect fabric in the gold tone that I wanted. I wanted the dress to be seamless except where the different fabrics come together. But with the change of material, I had to make a few adjustments such as making a new pattern, adding zipper and sequins, and an extended time table. Anyway, to make the ribbons more pliable for the purpose I intended it, I used a fusible web as a base for them. I carefully lined each ribbon on the fusible web and ironed them on. But, alas, the ribbons didn’t stick on the fusible web as well as I had hoped. So, I had to “strategically” sew sequins on the ribbons to secure them on the web.

I was just slightly successful on this attempt as some ribbons still split apart here and there and expose the fusible web under, which tend to stretch just a wee bit on some parts. This task set me back a few days and I was on the brink of giving up on the project. But I knew I’m going to be haunted and bothered by an unfinished project, one which I have been obsessing over for months. Besides, I can’t seem to move on to other projects until I finished this one. So, persevere I did.

Aaand, I had to line the dress to conceal the frankensteinish seams where the different fabrics and fused rbbons were sewed together. Seriously, I’m tempted to call this dress “The Frankenstein” or “M’ Shelley.” Instead, I shall dub this dress D’Luster. Yes, for the glittery fabrics it’s made of and other things. Sorry, I won’t go into detail about my fabric and color choices. It’s my dirty little secret. And finally! I got to sigh in relief when I did finish the darn dress.


When I showed it to Ella, she asked me, frowning, “And where do you hope to wear that???” When I showed it to The Mister, he had the same reaction and asked me the same thing. To be honest, I haven’t given much  thought on where to wear the dress. When I conceived this project, it was more for the challenge of making a dress from scratch, in the colors and design that I wanted.

I know, the above photo is far from satisfactory since you basically can’t make out what the dress looks like.  I intend to take better photos of the dress, worn. I’ll be featuring it in a future post titled “D’Luster.” Why not? 🙂 Sooo, until then…

Thanks for dropping by!


Recycle, Reuse: old tops = bodycon skirts

Okay… Three more items were ticked off my list of things to do. Yey!

I had these cheap shirts which prints I adore. But they didn’t fit me as well as I had hoped. So, I decided to tun them into skirts instead. TDSC02639The above photo is crappy, I concur. Moving on… To make the skirts, I snipped off the upper part of the shirts, cutting just below the armholes. And because the shirts fit me just right, I didn’t need to take in the sides of the skirts to shape them. I simply folded the top edge of each skirt to make the waistband casing. Then, I threaded an elastic through the casing. And, voila! The shirts are now skirts.

zebra, of course….


cats… recycle_reuse_cat


Turning a shirt into a skirt is very easy to do. It won’t take so much of your time either. So, the next time you find it difficult to part with your favorite (printed) shirt, you can simply turn it into a skirt!